Why I Do This

I was lucky enough to be a teenager through the eighties and I was mad on music, big hair, bad make-up and all that went with being a teenager of the times. All these years later I still have the big hair but now it is "touched" with grey and the bad make-up is gone but the tunes still play loudly in my head and even louder if they grace my radio, tv or mp3player. I will gladly admit to being a"mainstream" fan for the most part but I do have the odd liking for some of the less "played to death" bands of the time. What started all this was a drawer full of slowly decaying cassettes and a fear of losing the music that is on them. So I began to recreate them onto CD and I am loving it and finding some fantastic albums along the way.

I would like to re-dedicate this site to my late husband, he lost his long battle with cancer in 2011, he was a huge 80's fan, possibly even more so than myself. So for you my love.

Download Links

Updated 7th May 2012

Hi All, I am slowly re-adding download links to each of the original posts so please be patient and check back often. NB:Also please be aware before you download that I upload files ripped at a bitrate of 128. If you prefer a higher bitrate I am only too happy to of supplied the tracklistings to assist you in searching for those tracks at a bitrate you prefer.Thanks Meggsy

Sunday, March 16, 2008

1982 With A Bullet

Photobucket

One of my all time favourites, it has a respectable number of Aussie artists and a great ablum to pull out at parties, everybody always seems to know most of these tunes.
Side 1:
01 "Centerfold" - The J. Geils Band
02 "Just Can't Get Enough" - Depeche Mode
03 "Homosapien" - Pete Shelley
04 "Make a Move On Me" - Olivia Newton-John
05 "My Own Way" - Duran Duran
06 "Dirty Creature" - Split Enz
07 "Almost With You" - The Church
08 "Why Do Fools Fall In Love?" - Diana Ross
09 "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" - Tight Fit
Side 2:
10 "What About Me" - Moving Pictures
11 "Cambodia" - Kim Wilde
12 "Beserk Warriors" - Mental As Anything
13 "Golden Brown" - The Stranglers
14 "Let's Hang On" - Barry Manilow
15 "Mickey" - Toni Basil
16 "Come Back Suzanne" - Bill Wyman
17 "Body and Soul" - Jo Kennedy
18 "Daddy's Home" - Cliff Richard
From Wikipedia
1982 with a Bullet - Compilation album by various artists
Released 1982 - Genre Pop - Label EMI
1982 With A Bullet was a various artists "hits" collection album released in Australia in 1982 on EMI (Catalogue No. LP EMI GIVE 2005). The album spent 5 weeks at the top of the Australian album charts in 1982. You can grab a copy here
Also many thanks to Danno for the Insert shown above.

7 comments:

skids said...

Meggsy, keep an eye out at Kay-tel for this one ;-) I have it on LP, it may have a skip or two though ;-/

Mickz Place said...

glad i'm not the only collector of these EMI compilations of the early 8-0's, mine are vinyl copy's not tape.

i'll never part with em' in fact i've stocked up and i've got upto 4 of each " 81 rocks on " etc etc.
same with the 'ripper' compilation series from the 70's.

they just simply don't compare with todays easily charted rubbish filled compilations.

Well done

lee said...

i have this vinyl at home - i've also got the tape and lp of the Starstruck album, what a shame that it has never made it to a CD release.

Yowie9644 said...

This would have to be my favourite 80's compilation *Ever*.

It got chewed up in a dodgy tape player once, but I loved it so much I actually pulled the tape out and ever so carefully put it back together. It was never the same, of course, but I wasn't prepared to give it up completely.

meh said...

My Dad just passed away & we found this tape in his stuff! I was born in 1982, so I like to think he got it for me. But my Dad & I's favourite song Berserk Warriors is also on there - a special tape for lots of reasons :)

Andy Warstar said...

Meh's Dad recently double-crossed me so I bludgeoned him to death & I just found this tape in a Meh's room. It's weird because I was listening to Berserk Warriors as I performed the killing - a special tape for lots of reasons :)

Jason said...

Hi Meggsy. Is it possible to re-up this file as it is no longer available. Thank you for all the work you have done to bring this music back.