Why I Do This

I was lucky enough to be a teenager through the eighties and I was mad on music, big hair, bad make-up and all that went with being a teenager of the times. All these years later I still have the big hair but now it is "touched" with grey and the bad make-up is gone but the tunes still play loudly in my head and even louder if they grace my radio, tv or mp3player. I will gladly admit to being a"mainstream" fan for the most part but I do have the odd liking for some of the less "played to death" bands of the time. What started all this was a drawer full of slowly decaying cassettes and a fear of losing the music that is on them. So I began to recreate them onto CD and I am loving it and finding some fantastic albums along the way.

I would like to re-dedicate this site to my late husband, he lost his long battle with cancer in 2011, he was a huge 80's fan, possibly even more so than myself. So for you my love.

Download Links

Updated 7th May 2012

Hi All, I am slowly re-adding download links to each of the original posts so please be patient and check back often. NB:Also please be aware before you download that I upload files ripped at a bitrate of 128. If you prefer a higher bitrate I am only too happy to of supplied the tracklistings to assist you in searching for those tracks at a bitrate you prefer.Thanks Meggsy

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

1982 The Winners

Photobucket
***Many thanks to Rhys for the replacement cover***1982 The Winners
01 - Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
02 - Cheap Trick - If You Want My Love
03 - Mondo Rock - The Queen And Me
04 - Mental As Anything - I Didn't Mean To Be Mean
05 - Goanna - Solid Rock
06 - Toto - Rosanna
07 - John Couger Mellencamp - Jack & Diane
08 - Swanee - Lady Whats Your Name
09 - Roxy Music - Avalon
10 - Simple Minds - Glittering Prize
11 - Icehouse - Great Southern Land
12 - Quick - Rhythm Of The Jungle
13 - ABC - The Look Of Love
14 - Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
15 - Doug Parkinson - Better Keep Your Hands Off My (Potential New Girlfriend)
16 - Monsoon - Ever So Lonely
17 - Trio - Da Da Da
18 - Goombay Dance Band - Seven Tears

Download this album here

I had a really hard time finding a decent cover for this release but oddly enough had no problem finding the original TV Commercial that ran for it. Go Figure :S

4 comments:

psec said...

Meggsy, have you got a link for this album please?

PJ said...

Ah what an album! It takes me back to when I was in Year 8 at High School ... the memories. Thanks heaps! :-)

Jason said...

Thanks very much Meggsy.

Blogger said...

If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you need to watch this video
right away...

(VIDEO) Why your ex will NEVER come back...