Why I Do This

I was lucky enough to be a teenager through the eighties and I was mad on music, big hair, bad make-up and all that went with being a teenager of the times. All these years later I still have the big hair but now it is "touched" with grey and the bad make-up is gone but the tunes still play loudly in my head and even louder if they grace my radio, tv or mp3player. I will gladly admit to being a"mainstream" fan for the most part but I do have the odd liking for some of the less "played to death" bands of the time. What started all this was a drawer full of slowly decaying cassettes and a fear of losing the music that is on them. So I began to recreate them onto CD and I am loving it and finding some fantastic albums along the way.

I would like to re-dedicate this site to my late husband, he lost his long battle with cancer in 2011, he was a huge 80's fan, possibly even more so than myself. So for you my love.

Download Links

Updated 7th May 2012

Hi All, I am slowly re-adding download links to each of the original posts so please be patient and check back often. NB:Also please be aware before you download that I upload files ripped at a bitrate of 128. If you prefer a higher bitrate I am only too happy to of supplied the tracklistings to assist you in searching for those tracks at a bitrate you prefer.Thanks Meggsy

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

1986 Just For Kicks

Photobucket

1986 Just for Kicks

Side 1:
01 Princes of the Universe - Queen
02 Who Made Who - AC/DC
03 Hyperactive - Robert Palmer
04 Mean To Me - Crowded House
05 Left Of Centre - Suzanne Vega
06 Before Too Long - Paul Kelly
07 God Thank You Woman - Culture Club
08 If Somebody Loves You - Venetians
09 Manic Monday - The Bangles

Side 2:
10 Touch Me - Samantha Fox
11 Let's Go All The Way - Sly Fox
12 Do You Wanna Be - I'm Talking
13 Shell Shock - New Order
14 Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel
15 What Have You Done For Me Lately? - Janet Jackson
16 I Wanna Be A Cowboy - Boys Don't Cry
17 If You Leave - OMD
18 There'll Be Sad Songs - Billy Ocean http://rapidshare.com/files/109025438/1986..._Just_For_Kicks_-_16_-_Boys_Don_t_Cry_-_I_Wanna_Be_A_Cowboy.mp3
Full Album
P/W: just_for_meggsy
From Wikipedia
1986 Just for Kicks - Compilation album by various artists
Released 1986 - Genre Pop - Label Festival/EMI
1986 Just For Kicks was a various artists "hits" collection album released in Australia in 1986 on the Festival/EMI record Label (Cat No. HPP-261108). The album spent 4 weeks at the top of the Australian album charts in 1986.

1 comment:

PJ said...

Another great album! My bro's vinyl copy is stuffed/warped/scratched and the cover was scribbled on. Thanks! 2 thumbs up :)

My favourite track on this (along with the others) is Who Made Who - AC/DC, it's a good rock track. Not crazy about Samantha Fox so much these days, although her 'Touch Me' song was a hit back then. heh :o)