Why I Do This

I was lucky enough to be a teenager through the eighties and I was mad on music, big hair, bad make-up and all that went with being a teenager of the times. All these years later I still have the big hair but now it is "touched" with grey and the bad make-up is gone but the tunes still play loudly in my head and even louder if they grace my radio, tv or mp3player. I will gladly admit to being a"mainstream" fan for the most part but I do have the odd liking for some of the less "played to death" bands of the time. What started all this was a drawer full of slowly decaying cassettes and a fear of losing the music that is on them. So I began to recreate them onto CD and I am loving it and finding some fantastic albums along the way.

I would like to re-dedicate this site to my late husband, he lost his long battle with cancer in 2011, he was a huge 80's fan, possibly even more so than myself. So for you my love.

Download Links

Updated 7th May 2012

Hi All, I am slowly re-adding download links to each of the original posts so please be patient and check back often. NB:Also please be aware before you download that I upload files ripped at a bitrate of 128. If you prefer a higher bitrate I am only too happy to of supplied the tracklistings to assist you in searching for those tracks at a bitrate you prefer.Thanks Meggsy

Sunday, April 6, 2008

1986 Out Now

Photobucket

1986 Out Now.
01 Queen - One Vision 02 Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill 03 Ub40 + Chrissie Hynde - I Got You Babe 04 Jimmy Barnes - I'd Die To Be With You Tonight 05 Midge Ure - If I Was 06 Divinyls - Pleasure And Pain 07 Kids In The Kitchen - Current Stand 08 Hoodoo Gurus - Like Wow 09 Real Life - Face To Face 10 Arcadia - Election Day 11 Simple Minds - Alive And Kicking 12 Thompson Twins - Don't Mess With Dr. Dream 13 Pseudo Echo - Don't Go 14 Models - Cold Fever 15 Eurythmics + Aretha Franklin - Sisters Are Doin' It For
Themselves 16 Tina Turner - One Of The Living 17 Heart - What About Love 18 Bryan Adams - Summer Of '69


My album Pick is track #14 Models Cold Fever.
http://rapidshare.com/files/109028926/1986_Out_Now_-_14_-_The_Models_-_Cold_Fever.mp3

6 comments:

tcmusic said...

guenoooo

AusPopMix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meggsy said...

I haven't uploaded this album yet thats why there is no link Auspopmix. You'll have to check updates for it. :)

Brett Drummond said...

Meggsy - I love you *sniff*. I spent hours reading through the blog looking at all the albums. It was fantastic.

1986 Out Now was one of my first cassettes.. I don't mean to pester, but is there any chance of getting this uploaded?
thanks!

AusPop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
left right out said...

got that for christmas in 86 and was my favourite for a long time!!